Visit your website on your mobile phone. How quickly did it load? If your site took more than 3 seconds to load, or if it’s hard to read or navigate, you’re missing out on sales. The average car buyer spends a total of 14 hours and 48 minutes researching and purchasing a car.
U.S. consumers spend more than 5 hours per day on mobile. Get the most out of your site by making it mobile-ready and reaching car buyers where they shop.
Here is an overview of the 5 ways to win on mobile:
1. Use responsive design - Your site should instantly adapt to any device, so customers can easily browse on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
2. Make touchscreen navigation easy - Space out menus and buttons so it’s easy to navigate your site on a touchscreen.
3. Optimize images - Images with high resolution can greatly decrease your mobile speed. Compress image resolution to 72 pixels per inch and resize them to fit the exact dimensions and speed up your site.
4. Streamline filters - Customers should be able to narrow down your vehicle list with 4 clicks or less. Sliders can replace price filters, as they are easier to use on mobile.
5. Offer seamless mobile checkout - Give your customers the option to buy completely online. 3 out of 4 prospective car buyers would consider conducting their entire car-buying process online.
Optimizing your site for mobile will help you:
• Grow site traffic by ranking higher in organic search
• Increase customer engagement by keeping mobile visitors longer
• Sell more cars on mobile by making it easier for customers to convert
For more tips and the full details, download your free ebook, 5 Ways to Win on Mobile!
Drive Motors offers seamless ecommerce for dealerships. To learn more about how we can help your dealership become an online shopping destination, request a demo.